Medication Awareness Training
Understanding the law in relation to the administration of medication, and safe handling of medication protocols is a key part of any care worker’s job role. This training aims to develop your knowledge of handling, administering and supporting clients with medication. It includes the importance of reading medication labels; understanding dosage; recording and reporting; how to handle safely, handling over the counter meds and much more.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Recognise the importance of a medication risk assessment and how it impacts on support needs.
- Be able to monitor and report change effectively
- Recognise the Five Rights of Administration and the importance of checking each stage thoroughly.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand and use the information on Care Plan, MAR Charts and Medicine Labels.
- Recognise the different routes of Administration.
- Recognise the limitations surrounding over the counter medication, when required medication and controlled drugs
- Recognise what is a drugs error and how we adhere to reporting protocols.
If you would like more information about this course please contact us on 01282 614888