Live-in care may be relatively unknown, but it’s a fast-growing alternative to residential and nursing care. More than simply another option, it combines high levels of care with the added independence of life at home. Similarly, we often provide live-in care when a client needs temporary support through a period of recovery or healing when returning from hospital.
Live-in care provides care at home enabling you to live with dignity and independence, safe in the knowledge that 360 will provide you with the highest quality 24-hour care, based on how we would wish our own family members to be cared for.
Depending on your chosen level of care, live-in care services generally include:
- Mobility and personal safety
- Dressing, hair and make-up or shaving
- Support with personal care and continence
- Managing and prompting medication
- Support at night-time
- Planning, shopping and cooking balanced meals
- Light housework
- Laundry and ironing
- Pet care
- Personal admin, correspondence and help with day-to-day finances
- Managing appointments, such as GP or hairdresser
- Trips out of the house to appointments, shopping or social outings (many carers will act as drivers)
- Answering the door and phone
- Companionship and emotional support
- Providing peace of mind for both clients and family members
- Complex care can be delivered through a complete, tailored plan put together by the care provider, client and family.